Habitat for Humanity
Valdosta-Lowndes County Habitat for Humanity
Are you a prospective Habitat Homebuyer?
Find out the Orientation Workshop dates.
Need help with debt management?
Click here for information sure to help you out!
Habitat follows a very strict non-discrimination policy regarding gender, family/marital status, sexual orientation, religion, skin color, ethnic background, country or origin, age and disability. We we not discriminate in hiring employees or selecting homeowners. Applicant Qualification Criteria
To qualify for a “Habitat Home” you MUST:
- Have a housing need such as: poor heating, leaking roof, rotting wood, high utility costs, overcrowding, unsafe/inadequate conditions OR a rent payment that is too high for your income. Simply wanting to buy a house is not a qualifying need.
- Have sufficient reliable and verifiable income to pay the mortgage payment and an acceptable credit history. Income limits vary by family size. For example: a family of four with an annual minimum income of $14,500, and maximum income of $29,050 meets the income guidelines.
Be willing to become a Habitat Partner by agreeing to perform 350-500 hours of “sweat equity” by:
- Working on your house and other Habitat projects;
- Attending Home buyer Education classes and Home ownership and Financial Skills Classes;
- Committing to maintain your new home and neighborhood.
Prospective applicants should first attend an orientation workshop in order to receive an application to apply for a “Habitat Home”. If you need help filling out the application, simply call our office at 229.245.1330/ext 22 or 30 and we will be happy to help you out.
2010 Cypress St,
Valdosta, GA 31601