Department of Labor
Counties Served: Brooks, Cook, Echols, Lanier, Lowndes
221 South Ashley Street
Valdosta, GA 31601-5611
(229) 333-5301 FAX
(229) 333-7529 TTY
Closed For Lunch
Monday-Thursday 1-2 PM
Friday 1-1:30 PM
The Department of Labor (DOL) maintains an employment website. www.employgeorgia.com. Employ Georgia can:
- Assist in building a résumé
- Match your résumé
- View job postings from employers
- Receive job alerts
- Explore educational opportunities
- Receive labor market information
Resources, technology and support services have been designed to help job seekers secure employment, and to assist in the development of micro-businesses.
WORK Connections for the Job Seeker include:
● listings of local job openings to connect job seekers with employment opportunities.
● telephones to arrange appointments and facilitate communications with employers.
● Georgia Work Ready testing
● computers to use in job searches have Microsoft Office and Publisher and internet access
telephone, basic computer and networking skills classes
● resource library with a variety of materials to assist the job seeker prepare for and secure employment, as well as information
regarding Medicaid, childcare, food stamps, training, financial aid and other community resources.
● photocopier, printers and fax machines
Open 9 – 6 Monday – Thursday and 9 – 3 Friday
1000 N St Augustine Road, Valdosta
For more information, please contact:
229-316-1216 Fax 229-316-1218